The Classics Collection (DVD, 2011, 5-Disc Set)
The Classics Collection (DVD, 2011, 5-Disc Set) Region 4 PAL Brand NEW 5 Movies
THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR:
Determined to make a life for herself and her daughter, Lucy Muir (Gene Tierney), a young widow, moves into a cottage overlooking the windswept English coast. She soon learns that its haunted by the ghost of its former owner, a salty sea captain (Rex Harrison). But the Captains effort to scare off his new tenant soon develops into a most unlikely love affair. When Lucy runs out of money, the Captain ghost writes a book for her based on his life story. Their publishing success, however, brings her the amorous attentions of a man who's still very much alive (George Sanders). Soon Lucy must decide between the pleasures of the spirit and those of the flesh, and the Captain must choose a course that may haunt him forever.
ALL ABOUT EVE:
From the moment she glimpses her idol at the stage door, Eve Harrington (Anne Baxter) moves relentlessly towards her goal: taking the reins of power from the great actress Margo Channing (Bette Davis). The cunning Eve manoeuvres her way into Margos Broadway role becomes a sensation and even causes turmoil in the lives of Margos director boyfriend (Gary Merrill), her playwright (Hugh Marlowe) and his wife (Celeste Holm). Only the cynical drama critic (George Sanders) sees through Eve, admiring her audacity and perfect pattern of deceit.
HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY:
Sixty-year-old Huw Morgan looks back on his life as a boy (Roddy McDowall) in a small Welsh mining town. His reminiscences reveal the disintegration of the closely knit Morgans, and his devoted parents (Donald Crisp, Sara Allgood), while capturing the sentiments and issues of their time.
AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER:
In this poignant and humorous love story nominated for four Academy Awards, Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr meet on an ocean liner and fall deeply in love. Though each is engaged to someone else, they agree to meet six months later at the Empire State Building if they still feel the same way about each other. But a tragic accident prevents their rendezvous and the lovers future takes an emotional and uncertain turn.
HEAVEN KNOWS, MR ALLISON:
Stranded on a Pacific Island, an Irish nun (Deborah Kerr) and a heroic Marine sergeant live a life of constfnt peril, hiding from Japanese troopers who have a base on the island. Eventually, the sergeant falls deeply in love with the religious woman, which compels her to question her vow. With its surprising blend of suspense and humour, excellent performances and acclaimed direction by John Huston, this unique and powerful (Los Angeles Times) film is a true classic.
- All About Eve: Cast Gallery
- How Green Was My Valley: Cast Gallery
- An Affair to Remember: Cast Gallery
- Release Date: 6/11/2013
- Production Year: 1941
- Made In: USA
- Genre: Drama
- Rating: PG - Parental Guidance
- Adult concepts, medium levels violence
- Region(s): Region 4 compatible title - R4 covers Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Central America and more
- System: PAL
- Colour/B&W: Colour
- Actor(s)/Artist(s): Roddy McDowall | Robert Mitchum | Rex Harrison | Deborah Kerr | Cary Grant | Bette Davis | Anne Baxter | Walter Pidgeon | Donald Crisp | Gene Tierney
- Director(s): John Huston | John Ford | Leo McCarey | Joseph L. Mankiewicz | Various Others
- Writer(s): Joseph L. Mankiewicz | Philip Dunne | Various Others | John Lee Mahin | Delmer Daves
- Producer(s): Buddy Adler | Darryl F. Zanuck | Fred Kohlmar | Jerry Wald | Eugene Frenke | Various Others
- Language(s): English
- Closed Captions
- Various Languages
- Audio: Dolby Digital
- Video-FullScreen: Full Frame
- Distributor: 20th Century Fox
- Number of Discs: 5
- Running Time: 557 minutes
- Barcode/EAN: 9321337130392
- Subtitles: English For The Hard Of Hearing
- We ship from Sydney via Australia Post within 1 business day of payment being received. We happily combine shipping for items to reduce costs.
- Please note as we do our best to take photos that best display the item, it may differ slightly due to lighting and/or screen settings.