Spider-Man 2 Collector's Edition 2-Disc Set
Spider-Man 2 Collector's Edition (DVD, 2004, 2-Disc Set)
In SPIDER-MAN 2, Tobey Maguire returns as the mild-mannered Peter Parker, who is juggling the delicate balance of his dual life as college student and a superhuman crime fighter.
Peter's life becomes even more complicated when he confronts a new nemesis, the brilliant Otto Octavius (Alfred Molina) who has been reincarnated as the maniacal and multi-tentacled "Doc Ock." When Doc Ock kidnaps MJ (Kirsten Dunst), Spider-Man must swing back into action as the adventure reaches new heights of unprecedented excitement.
The first commentary track is by director Sam Raimi and a self-deprecating Tobey Maguire speaking in tandem, and producer (and Marvel CEO) Avi Arad and coproducer Grant Curtis speaking in tandem. They discuss a number of topics, including Raimi's memory of his excitement over Richard Donner's Superman and how the character of Black Cat had to be dropped from the film.
The second commentary is by six members of the Oscar-nominated effects team, and one of their primary focuses is how Doc Ock's arms were achieved by a combination of puppetry and CGI.
The centerpiece of the second disc is a massive two-hour documentary that can be viewed all at once or in 12 separate pieces. It covers the development of the story, the visual effects, costumes, stunts, and sound and music.
Three shorter features cover Peter Parker's struggle between his personal and hero lives, Doc Ock, and the women in Spider-Man's life, and what's interesting is how they discuss those topics not just in relation to the movies but to the comic books as well. (For example, Betty Brant and Gwen Stacy had a much greater impact in the comics.) There's a scene in which you can toggle among three different camera angles, and a gallery of 17 paintings Alex Ross created for the opening sequence.
- "Spidey Sense 2" pop-up trivia track
- Blooper reel
- Four Web-isodes: original online featurettes
- Train music video: "Ordinary"
- Disc 2:
- "Making the Amazing": 12-part documentary
- "Hero in Crisis": a deeper look into Peter Parker and his personal battles
- "Ock-umentary: Eight Arms to Hold You"
- "Interwoven: The Women of Spider-Man"
- "Enter the Web": groundbreaking multi-angle look behind the scenes
- Art gallery
- Behind-the-scenes look at the Activision game.
- We ship from Sydney via Australia Post within 1 business day of payment being received. We happily combine shipping for items to reduce costs.
- Please note as we do our best to take photos that best display the item, it may differ slightly due to lighting and/or screen settings.