We recommend this fascinating post from the good folks over at Good On You about how fast fashion brand Boohoo fails to live up to their sustainability and ethical standards. Good On You provides ethical alternatives to Boohoo from global brands, along with some of our very own Aussie-owned designers.
Here's a summary:
- Boohoo's environmental impact rating is 'Not Good Enough'
- Labour conditions has the lowest rating as 'Very Poor'
- Animal welfare rating is 'Not Good Enough'
- In 2019, Boohoo was named as one of the least sustainable fashion brands in the UK
- Despite sales increasing during the COVID-19 lockdown, Boohoo factory workers who tested positive for COVID-19 were told to continue working, and there was "little to no" social distancing required or personal protective equipment given